Monday, October 14, 2013

MFT October Release Rewind

 releaserewind1_2013oct14

Hi, everyone! It’s time for this month’s Release Rewind! I love this feature since it gives the designers a great opportunity to use some products we might not have gotten around to using during the release. This almost always happens for me so I’m really excited about this chance to be creative with the amazing new MFT products that are available right HERE, right NOW in the MFT Boutique. To get all the details, be sure to stop by the MFT Blog.

I’m using the two recently released
Pure Innocence sets for my cards today. My first card is using PI – Trim the Branches Snowman. I always love it when one of these sweet snowmen makes an appearance, don’t you? I started with a Sno Cone card stock base and went from there. I found this card stock at Hobby Lobby that looks like it’s covered with mica flakes and is perfect for snow! So, I cut out a couple of pieces using Snow Drifts Die-namics and decided where I wanted to position them, then I stamped the snowman image on the Sno Cone card stock base. Next I stamped the snowman again on my fave, Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with Copic markers. I then cut the snowman and the ornaments out and paper pieced them on the Sno Cone card stock base. I stamped the sentiment, from MPD Starry Christmas, with Steel Gray ink and added my snow drifts. The front layer is popped up on foam tape for dimension.

The inside has a sentiment from PI – Trim the Branches Snowman, also stamped with Steel Gray ink. So sweet!
 

releaserewind1_2013oct14in
*****

My second card is using PI – Happy Christmas. I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the little sweetie with Copic markers. 

releaserewind2_2013oct14

Then I matted it with Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on foam on a Sno Cone card stock base. I stamped the sentiment, from the set, on Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed it in two pieces. I popped the sentiment up on foam and finished the card off with some enamel dots.

The inside has another sentiment from the set, stamped with Black Licorice ink.
 

releaserewind2_2013oct14in

And that’s pretty much it! Thanks so much for stopping by today!



releaserewind1_2013oct14






releaserewind2_2013oct14









~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI – Trim the Branches Snowman, MPD Starry Christmas (MFT)
Paper:
Sno Cone card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb; mica paper
Ink:
Steel Gray ink (MFT); Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Snow Drift Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers

~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI – Happy Christmas (MFT)
Paper: Sno Cone card stock,
Black Licorice card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Ink:
Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT); Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Accessories/tools: Copic markers, foam tape, enamel dots



brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, Bar. I agree, those snowmen are my faves. YOur PI is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty snow! I used your second car on this post, Happy Holidays, as inspiration for my project today that I entered in to the latest Lawn Fawn challenge. Thanks! http://www.valbydesign.com/happy-holidays-tag-lawn-fawn/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!