Friday, May 27, 2011

Flourishes Friday Focus - Copic Collections

Welcome back to another Flourishes Friday--today we're focusing on Flourishes' Copic collections. 

For my card, I chose to work with Seeds Of Friendship and Sunflowers. First, I stamped the seed packet image on light green card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then I cut it out and cut out the large blank section inside. Then I stamped the SEEDS image and the 25¢ image.


I wanted the center section cut out to serve as a frame for my sunflower image. It was stamped on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. For the sunflower center I used the Flesh Tones #2 Collection. For the flower petals I used the Sunflower Collection and for the leaves I used the Evergreen Collection. After I had my sunflower colored, I trimmed it to fit the seed packet and popped the seed packet up on foam strips to give it some dimension. Then I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with my Grand Calibur and a Spellbinder's Nested Lacey Pennant die. Finally I tied a hand tea dyed yellow gingham bow around. My patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Origins collection.

             

Now, be sure to check out how my team mates have used their Copic collections today:
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Sunflowers, Seeds Of Friendship (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Certainly Celery (SU!); Origins 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Nested Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders); ribbon, tea, foam

12 comments:

  1. good morning barbara, your card is gorgeous!!!! verry pretty collours!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Bar! The sentiment is lovely, as are the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is stunning, I have a weakness for seed packets and your creation is so wonderful. Beautiful coloring. Loving the sharing of copic sets, so helpful. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Great coloring of the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the contrast of that soft green against the black of the designer paper, and the gorgeous yellow gingham bow! Beautiful sunflowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just SO pretty Barbara...the colors are gorgeous and I always love the seed packed paired with our florals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to do this like a frame! I love it. Saved a lot of coloring, too. Filing away this idea for future reference. Thanks, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card today... always beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool window you created with the seed set. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. I love what you did with this set. Great job. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Two of my favorite stamp sets - and I loved the coloring on your sunflower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!