Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday - CTD #139

Back again with another Color Throwdown Challenge! Today's colors were chosen by the uber talented Kristin and are so yummy!

And not only did Kristin supply today's colors, she also came up with today's sponsorship. Yep, our girl has designed some super gorgeous sets for My Time Made Easy and the design team is showcasing them today. The border stamp is from Occasional Labels and the sentiment is from Sentimental Occasions. AND, if that weren't enough, I cut the label out with my Cricut and the Occasional Labels cut file! Such a classic look, don't you think? I know I'll be reaching for these sets over and over in the future. Fabulous job, Kristin!

I decided to go sorta CAS with this card to really bring focus on the images. First, I embossed the top layer of card stock and layered it up with Pear Pizazz. Then I stamped the gingham border with Cajun Craze, the inner border and sentiment with Early Espresso, and the little flower flourish with Pear Pizazz.


Then I popped it up on foam, added the ribbon and button, and finished up with the sweet little Prima roses.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD139 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts...
Carole Burrage,  April Guest Designer - Mother's Little Helper

Thanks SO much for stopping by! I always love it when you do.
~Supplies~ 
Stamps: Occasional Labels, Sentimental Occasions (My Time Made Easy)
Paper: Whip Cream (MFT); Pear Pizazz (SU!)
Ink: Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz (SU!)
Accessories: Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug (Provocraft); roses (Prima; ribbon, foam dots (craft store); button, twine (PTI); Elegant Lines Embossing folder (SU!)

8 comments:

  1. Love CAS---this card really brings out your focal point. I just love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card, Bar! I love the ribbon treatment... all I ever think to do it wrap it around and tie a knot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simply gorgeous, Bar! (This is what a comment looks like, btw... ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the colors as highlights to the white space, Barbara! Perfect CAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!! How are you?? Very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clean and crisp, Bar! I love it! I love every last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so beautiful! Love the soft floral behind the sentiment and the white eb background is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl...you about brought a tear to my eye when I read your post! I feel so humbled ♥ I absolutely LOVE your CAS, elegant card! You made my stamps look absolutely amazing!! What a fab idea to really bring the focus to the stamps by using the crisp white bg :] Thank you for supporting me, girl! This is STUNNING ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!