Friday, April 15, 2011

Flourishes Friday - Free For All

Mornin' everyone! Today is Flourishes Friday Free For All! I have a card today from the just-released set, April Showers. I. Love. This . Set. Seriously.


For this card I chose the gorgeous bucket of tulips as my focal image. I stamped it on Classic White card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I cut it out with my Grand Calibur and my Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities and matted it with another. 


See the tulips lying in front of the bucket? That's another image, stamped, colored, and then cut out and popped up on some bits of foam. I finished it off with some seam binding, a twine-tied button, and some flat backed pearls. 

Here are some other things you might want to know:
  • Flourishes' Spring Is Sprung Challenge is in full swing! You could win Flourishes' ENTIRE April release! Check it out HERE.
  • Save a BUNDLE with Flourishes new release bundle! Purchase the entire release for 10% off! You can check it out HERE
  • All winners with be announced in the Winner's Circle post on the Flourishes blog at 12 noon CST on Saturday, April 16th. 
Now, be sure to hop around and see what the rest of the Flourishes team has for you using this set!

Here are the Copic markers I used.


Thanks SO much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: April Showers (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Riding Hood Red, Old Olive (SU!); Pixie 6 x 6 pack (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); seam binding, button, twine (PTI); pearls (craft store); Copic markers

16 comments:

  1. Lovely tulips and perfect colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara that focal image is stunning. I love your coloring. The flowers look as if they are dimensional. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and I agree completely -- this set is so much fun! Beautiful coloring on those tulips, Barbara. So rich and full of depth. Great idea to use the extra tulips image, too. Looks like part of the original image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhoo this is also gorgeous!!! great collours and the image is just sooo lovely!! my compliments!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is soo pretty! Love your card layout and your wonderful coloring too! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, those are the most beautiful tulips I have ever seen. Stunning!! Perfect papers choices as well. Tfs and hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING Barb, I LOVE how the red pops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, this is a stunning card! The colours are fantastic, and I love the layout - just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, this card is a show stopper! The vivid gorgeous coloring, the fantastic layout (no wonder Julie picked it!) and the beautiful papers! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nevermind my last post! Question answered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! this is wonderful all around Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this card last night and I love it even more this morning!! Barb, the red on these tulips are Outrageously Good!! Not bring but nice and deep with out being too deep, like a true red should be!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so this is YOUR card?! I got confused on Danielle’s blog, but now I’m realizing it’s probably the showcase card for this set! …and I TOTALLY see why! Holy smokes, girl! This is spectacular! Your colors are GORGEOUS and I cannot even believe how perfectly you masked and stamped the extra flowers in front of the bucket. This card ALONE sold the set to me, I swear (I think I just bought the whole release). At least I had an excuse to add the cs ;] LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job coloring the tulips, love the way you have the ones laying in front of the pail, nice little extra. Great card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! I love the tulips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!