Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday - C4C #75

It's Crazy 4 Challenges day so it must be Saturday, right? ;-) Yep, it is, and today's challenge is brought to us by Angela Wood: to use dies. Um, yeah, I can do that :)

We also have a sponsor today - Paper Pretties Stamps. You can get all the deets at the C4C blog.

I decided to go kinda CAS with this card, but I used several dies.


I stamped an image from PTI's Turning a New Leaf with Versamark on Kraft for my card base. Next, I added a strip of Dark Chocolate, cut with the Medium Scalloped Border die and a Spiral Notebook Page element stamped with the receipt from It's Official. to qualify for PTI's Make-It Monday Challenge, I added a vellum strip with the sentiment from Butterfly Dreams stamped in Dark Chocolate. Finally, I added a felt flower cut with Beautiful Blooms I dies and some paper leaves cut with a die from Leaf Prints. I finished it off with a button and some twine. I'm not sure I like the vellum spanning the Rustic Cream and Dark Chocolate papers - but it is what it is ;-)

Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C75.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! 
 
~Supplies~
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Turning a New Leaf (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, Rustic Cream (PTI); vellum (craft store)
Ink: Versamark; Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Medium Scalloped Border, Spiral Notebook Page, Beautiful Blooms I, and Leaf Prints dies, button, twine, dark chocolate and Hawaiian Shores felt (PTI)

16 comments:

  1. so pretty barbara...love the subtle background on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Barbara! I love the combination of dies you chose. The leaf bg looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Barbara, love the flowers and the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this subtle card, with the great pop of color from the flower; so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done as always, Barb. I love the background stamping and the great use of vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Barb! I LOVE how simple it is and the pop of the blue flower is the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Barbara! Super sweet flower! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fresh and yet CAS beauty....great layout and colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! What a great case card...love all the sweet details! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!