Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Unembellished Tigerlily - FTTC 78

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC78)! This week Dee Jackson is our host. Dee is challenging us to a limited supplies challenge. The limit? NO Embellishments. What does this mean? It means that we let the image we use speak for itself. We CAN use ink, stamps, paper, punches, die cuts, and coloring tools. We cannot add rhinestones, Prima flowers, buttons, pearls, ribbons, brads, etc. We would love to see what you create with this limited supplies challenge.

Hmmmm, this is a tough one for me. You know I love me some ribbon, buttons, bling--any of it and sometimes all of it, LOL! But Dee says no embellishments today so this is what I've come up with. This is the July flower from from Flourishes A Year In Flowers series, Set 2. I used a CAS layout, but I've got layers. I embossed the white base layer with the Textiles embossing folder and the rest was just a matter of layering. I stamped the image on Flourishes Classic White card stock and colored with Copic markers, then popped up on foam squares. The sentiment was punched out and popped up, as well. Simple, but those flowers are so gorgeous they really don't need any embellishment, do they? Be sure to go see how my team mates are going embellishment-free today! I hope you'll play along with us! ~Supplies~
Stamps:
A Year In Flowers (Flourishes)

Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Tangerine Tango, Mellow Moss (SU!)
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:
Cuttlebug, Textile embossing folder (Provocraft); Copic markers; small and medium oval punches (SU!)


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and gorgeous CAS card, Barbara! I love the white space with the striking tiger lily image! Your coloring job is super fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and coloring, Barbara! The tecture and layout really showcase these beautiful tiger lilies! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Barb, your coloring is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! I have this set (well, THREE sets) and it's all YOUR fault!!!! LMAO

    They really are simple to use, SO NOT TYPICAL for Flourish stamps!!!! LOL

    LOVE IT BARBARA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Barb! That image is colored beautifully and you did great with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring!! These lilies are truly a stand-out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww, no embellishments...that WOULD be tough. You pulled it off beautifully though! GORGEOUS coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your image really does speak for it's self. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous flowers!!! (I woulda' called in sick for this challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous CAS card GF!!! Your coloring looks perfect and I love how you embossed the BG!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card came out GORGEOUS! Love the white dry embossed background and your coloring is beautiful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Barbara! It was so great meeting you!!
    I just love this card your coloring,layout and sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!