Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Wishes

I actually tried a new technique on this card and it worked!!! OK, I'm probably the last one in Stampdom to try it, but I finally got around to it, LOL. I inked up this image from Verve's Ornamental Christmas set first with Versamark and then with Riding Hood Red ink, stamped it, applied clear detail embossing powder and heat set it. It worked beautifully!!!

I'm using Mojo Monday #117 sketch--on the day after it was posted!!! This may be a first, LOL!!! My patterned paper is from October Afternoon's Good Cheer 8 x 8 pad and I'm using Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla and PTI's Aqua Mist card stock. I also embossed the ornament cap and hook with Ranger Gold Fine Detail powder, added a ribbon and button and used a snowflake border punch.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Ornamental Christmas (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red (SU!); Aqua Mist (PTI); Good Cheer 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Versamark; Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle and Classic Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinder); snowflake punch (Martha Stewart); ribbon (craft store); clear embossing powder (Judikens); gold embossing powder (Ranger); Aqua Mist Vintage Button and Rustic Twine (PTI); sewing machine


5 comments:

  1. Love your card. The colors are so festive. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL and elegant Christmas card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card I love that colour combination! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that ALL the time with Versamark and dye ink... works like a charm, doesn't it! Gorgeous card, Bar... LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!