Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trimmed with love...CPS #142

Today My Favorite Things is sponsoring Card Positioning Systems. Since I hadn't had time to play with this month's Flopsey (and you *know* how much I love me some Flopsey!) I decided to try him with the sketch.

I stamped Tree Trimming Flopsey, the star, and the tree on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored with Copic markers and paper pieced and cut them out. Patterned paper is from the Holiday Collection 8 x 8 pad by DCWV, card stock is gold metallic and Handsome Hunter. I used gold metallic card stock and punched out a border, then laid a piece of ribbon on it. Flopsey's background is more patterned paper, cut/embossed with a Nestabilities Label Four die and edged with a gold paint pen. Flopsey and the tree and star are popped up on 3M foam squares and Pop Dots. The sentiment was stamped, cut/embossed with a Petite Oval Nestabilities die, sponged with River Rock ink to tone down the stark white, then edged with the gold paint pen. I added some gold flat-backed pearls to the tree, the background, and to the ribbon for balance.

Thanks for dropping by--you know I love it when you do! Be sure to check out the CPS sketch and give it a whirl!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Tree Trimming Flopsey (MFT)
Paper: Handsome Hunter (SU!); Holiday Collection 8 x 8 pad (DCWV); gold metallic card stock (Office Max); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; River Rock (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Petite Oval and Labels Four Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, Pop Dots, gold flat back pearls, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; border punch (Martha Stewart)

5 comments:

  1. Bar I love Flopsey, so darling and sweet. Happy Sunday, Hugs Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! And gorgeous paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOWWWWW, your coloring is AMAZING! Love the papers you picked, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, what a beautiful card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!