Friday, November 20, 2009

It's a wrap! Stamp Simply #114

It's Friday!!!! Yay!!!! Time for the weekend to begin! It's also time for another Stamp Simply challenge and Sharon's got a very timely one lined up for us today: All Wrapped Up. Here's what she says:

Friday, Nov. 20 - ssnotime114 - All Wrapped Up -- Since Christmas is just around the corner and many use the Thanksgiving weekend to get a head start on wrapping their gifts, today let's share gift wrapping ideas. You may wrap ANYTHING for ANY OCCASION in any way, any form or fashion -- just show us some of your wrapping ideas. Examples: Wrap a card in a handmade envelope, wrap a gift of food in a handmade box or decorated bag, wrap a box with beautiful ribbon and tag, make wrappers for tiny food treats (bars, gum, candies, cookies). The sky is the limit on this one -- just wrap something so it's ready to give as a gift. Fun!!!

So, since I'm planning on baking some quick breads for some gifts this year, and I'd been sorta thinking about packaging for them, I decided to go ahead and get my ideas down on paper. This Cinnamon Streusel Bread looked good so I made up a trial loaf for this project. Disclaimer: this is NOT a tried and true recipe, but it sure smells good :) It's going in the freezer until Thanksgiving. I'm trying to lose a few pounds before the holiday festivities begin and I *know* it won't be around long once we cut into it, LOL!

So, I made a box from cardstock and a recipe card to go along with it--once it's been "tested" ;-) Here's the set, ready to give:


And here's just the bread, showing the belly band and Just Rite image decoration:

I used Just Rite's Something Sweet set (and the 2 3/8" round stamp block), stamped on Pure Luxury 80lb paper by Gina K and colored with Copic markers. The template idea came from here. The sizes for this mini loaf were too small for my loaf, so I studied the instructions and sized it up for my loaf. The ones that I plan to make for gifts will not be this large--they will be in between mini and full size, so I'll have to make another template, but now that I know how to do it, resizing will be a piece of cake ;-) That gorgeous silk ribbon is from Sharon's store and I tied the bow with my Bow Easy, also available there.

Now, my inspiration for the recipe card was the very talented Denise. She's been making some gorgeous recipe cards and I'd been threatening to CASE them and finally did! I printed the recipe on my printer with the Typewriter font--LOVE that font for anything remotely casually vintage.




















So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime114 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team!

Bethany Paull - November Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck (welcome back, Jenn!)

Barb Schram (now a full time team member!!)

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for stopping by today! You know I love it when you do! Tomorrow's a new Crazy 4 Challenges challenge--you don't want to miss it!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Something Sweet (Just Rite Stampers)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive (SU!); Dasher (Basic Grey); Pure Luxury 80lb paper (Gina K.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Classic Circle, Classic Scalloped Circle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); red line tape; Copic markers; ribbon (May Arts)


9 comments:

  1. OMHeck! How do I get on your Christmas list! ;) This is the cutest packaging ever and that bread looks yummy! TFS! :)Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is just marvelous Barb! What a yummy loaf of special bread with wrapper! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to include that beautiful recipe card! This is gorgeous, and loos SO YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great package and I'll be copying the receipe for further use. TFS..especailly your receipe. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love that packaging! And I'd love a piece of that bread! Remind me to tell you about my last loaf making adventure...yes, adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are wrapping already? Yikes I haven't even made a list.
    great project Bar. I love how the recipe card looks with the typewriter font. I was describing a stamp to a young woman as looking like a manual typewriter key and realized the kid never saw a manual typewrtier in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man -- this is yummy all the way around!!!! FAB project!!! Do you need my addy????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!