Thursday, October 22, 2009

Feel Better--JUGS #3


Today's card is for this week's JUGS (Just Us Girls) Challenge. This week it's a color challenge. They're using PTI colors, but you can sub whatever you have. The PTI colors are Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, and Vintage Cream. I don't think I would have ever put those colors together but I love how they look! I have those papers, but not the inks, so I subbed Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla since I knew I wanted to stamp up some background paper. I'm using my Guide Lines set for the first time, and I'm SURE I'll be using it again and again--it's so easy to make your own patterned paper with it.

OK, on to the card. I stamped the grid lines on Very Vanilla with Soft Sky ink and then filled in the images with Riding Hood Red. Then, since it looked a little plain, I added tiny aqua flat backed pearls for a little interest. I'm using Paper Craft Planet's sketch for this weekfor my layout and I think the rest is pretty easy. Some ribbon, more pearls, and a sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages and it was done. Quick and easy!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Guidelines, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Ink: Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam square, flat back pearls, ribbon (craft store); Oval punch (SU!)


7 comments:

  1. THis is amazing Barbara! I have never seen guidelines stamped more perfectly than this! The aqua pearl details are truly eye catching too! So glad you played along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Barbara this is fantastic. Your guide lines stamping is perfect - those little aqua pearls - who - just the right touch. (My eyes have a hard time stamping my guide lines this straight! LOL)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. Hope to see you back on Saturday for a brand new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Barbara! I love the Guidelines paper and it makes it so fun to create your own dp. Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BARBARA!!! How in the world DO you do it?! This is sooo elegant! Love that you kept the layout and the embellishments simple, yet stylish! Those pearls and that bold red bow are perfect complements to your card!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls again this week!! I'm always so delighted when I see your name pop up!! Hope you can join us again on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona! I might be posting my CTD card that day **wink**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Bar! I would never believe you stamped all those squares, it's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!