Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Favorite Things Blog Hop!!!

It's blog hop time for the mid-month releases over at My Favorite Things. If you stumbled onto this post, then do yourself a favor and go back to the beginning at Kim's blog so you don't miss a thing! If you came here from Kathy's blog, you're right on track :)

Three new sets are being released and here's the skinny:

Annie LaPoint Spread a Harvest of Hope $9
Bubble Bunny $9
Feelin’ Fruity? $17.95

You can find them here.

Weekly Spotlight: My Favorite Copic Collection

HTDT Tutorial: Copic markers: advanced blending techniques with Candice

First 50: Memento Dew Drop Collection! The first 50 prize will be a Memento Dew Drop and each week, we will feature a NEW color. If you place an order each Wednesday and are in the first 50 orders, you will that week's Dew Drop for FREE. This week, the first 50 will receive a FREE Memento Dew Drop in Bamboo Leaves with their order.

Don't forget to join in the fun challenges at the MFT Forum on Splitcoast. There are prizes to be won :)

And, if you haven't done so already, check out this:

We are pleased and proud to introduce something fresh, fun and completely distinctive – MFT Kits!

Each month, a new Kit will be revealed,
complete with an exclusive, unreleased
stamp set, and the items you’ll need to
complete a very special project (s).

The set included with your MFT Kit is a brand new, unreleased set, and will not be available for a period of at least 3 months after the MFT Kit containing the set is released.

This week’s release and promo info:

By The Seashore Kit $25
Kit contents:

*On The Pier (mini stamp set)

*6 die-cut tall gable boxes in ocean blue

*15 yards of hemp in natural

*6 Perfect Paper Panels

*5 yards, 3/8” twill in natural

*100 aged copper brads

*Memento Dew Drop in Rich Cocoa

*Project sheet download

Check out this fabulous project with this month's kit in Michele's Weekly Spotlight post. This set coordinates perfectly with By the Seashore, so you have a lot of design possibilities!

For even more inspiration, check out Kathy's How'd They Do That? tutorial on the MFT Member Company Forum at SCS!

Whew! Lots going on! Now on to my project for the hop! I'm using Feelin' Fruity? for my project tonight How cute is this set???!!!!!!??? The minute I laid eyes on it I thought: RETRO!!!! It took me back in time and I could see the fruit on my granny's curtains and aprons. And, I immediately knew what I would do--a recipe album. I've been waiting for My Favorite Things to come out with a set that I could use for a recipe album. This was not what I expected but I'm thrilled with it!! I'm not going to go into a lot of detail since this post is going to be a long one already, and the pictures will probably tell the story well enough. Again, if you want any specific information, don't hesitate to email me. My overall "style" is sorta shabby, I guess, so I'm callin' it "Shabby Retro" ;-) Love that Typewriter font for a retro look.

I do want to point out that this book is a little bit GREEN. I recycled the white sheets that come with SU! DSP for the covers and pages--just cut them into 6 x 6 squares and glued them together--3 for each of the covers and 2 for each page. I feel so virtuous, LOL! All of the fruit is paper pieced with a little bit of coloring with Copic markers. I've done lots of distressing, both with ink and a sanding block.

Here's the front cover (the back cover is identical, without any embellishments). I used the Bling 'Bet set for my lettering.

Pages 1 and 2:


Pages 3 and 4:


Pages 5 and 6:


Pages 7 and 8:


I hope you like this album as much as I do--I had a ton of fun putting it together and I'm thinking it will make a nice gift--if I can bear to part with it, that is!

I'm so glad you stopped by! Now head on over to the fabulous Candice's blog and see what gorgeousness she has in store for you :)


~Recipe~
Stamps:
Feelin' Fruity?, Bling 'Bet (MFT)
Paper:
Old Olive, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa, Really Rust (SU!); parchment paper (Office Max); Scrapbook pack (DCWV)
Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Accessories:
Prima flowers; Inksentials applicator and pad; tiny paper clip (Tim Holtz), paper crimper, ribbon, brads/hardware, Perle cotton, tearing ruler (craft store); buttons (stash); printer; tags (Office Max); border punch (Martha Stewart)



22 comments:

  1. pearfect project for this set hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP!!!!! This is SO fantastic, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow, Barbara!!! This is amazing -- gonna have to come back to take a closer look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super project, and it'll be a great gift if you pear to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous way to use the set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! As soon as I saw it, I also thought it would make a great gift! Maybe you can make a duplicate and keep one for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful project Barbara and perfect for the set. It will be a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's REALLY cute! I love that you gave that set a kind of vintage look. I never would have thought of using it that way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Love your color choices~ so much you can do with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh what a fantastic project!!! I totally love that you re-purposed/recycled the covers and pages! Awesome!!! This is great inspiration to get going on my own recipes!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! A really different way to use this set! I'm off hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Love your recipe book. Would make cooking so much more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a beauty! So much to take in! Wonderful idea and beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Barbara I just love your recipe album. It is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This could NOT be any more amazing!!! What a FABULOUS project, and so perfectly put together down to every little detail! Lady, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack! I love this! I have been planning on making one for my hubs niece for her wedding shower in a few weeks and this is almost exactly what I had in mind! Of course, I'd better get started!!! This is gorgeous girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!