Friday, May 01, 2009

Let the sun shine--Stamp Simply #85


First of all today I have a little announcement: I have the distinct honor of being the guest designer for May for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenges! How cool is that!? I'm beyond excited and am looking forward to each one of them. And May is a long month so I get to do FIVE of them!!

Here's this week's challenge, from Sharon:
LET THE SUN SHINE! -- Today's challenge is all about the color YELLOW. Yellow is a very much underutilized color in my stamp room and it is SO sunny and cheerful. So today let's LET THE SUN SHINE by incorporating as much yellow as we can into our projects. That's it -- no other rules -- let's just see some sunshiny yellow creations!

Okey dokey! I love yellow but, like Sharon, don't use it too often. So I'm meeting Sharon's challenge with this card. I'm using one of my newly discovered PSX stamps--what could be sunnier than a sunflower? And DP from Good Morning Sunshine by SU! Lots of SUN on this card.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Chocolate Chip and DSP. I distressed the Chocolate Chip paper with the back of my scissors blade and stitched around this element with my sewing machine before tying on a brown gingham ribbon. The focal image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). Then it was stitched to more distressed Chocolate Chip card stock and attached to the card base with 3M foam squares. Two brown buttons were attached with bright yellow Pearle cotton to continue the "homespun" look I was going after. I think I got it--what do you think?

Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

Becky Oehlers

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger


Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Sunflower (PSX)

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning Sunshine DSP (SU!); Pure Luxury 80lb (Gina K)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearle cotton (craft store); buttons (personal stash); sewing machine


9 comments:

  1. Barbara, what a beautiful card! You did a great job coloring your Sunflower. I know you are going to love being a guest designer for Stamp Simply. Congratulations!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I love it! Sunflowers are PERFECT for a yellow challenge and I DO LOVE the homespun look you have so successfully achieved!!! Love the little buttons - totally FAB job!!! Welcome!!! So happy to have you this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being this month's guest designer Barb!! This card is beautiful ... you've certainly mastered the art of Copic coloring ... awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Bar...I love sunflowers! The buttons are perfect! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee & yahoo! Was so glad to see your name on Sharon's list! Wonderful card, I just love these colors together!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Barbara!!! So glad to see you join us this month! We'll have some fun! Love your card. It's actually such a blast from the past - that was one of my favorite PSX stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara... Just a fabulous card.
    Back from Montreal and checking in on everyone's creations today.
    Glad to have you here for the month. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sunflower, and I adore that gingham bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!