Thursday, May 21, 2009

Faith is... Sketches! {by Tamara} Challenge #96


It's Thursday so it's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} card sketch challenge--this is Challenge #96 and here's the sketch.


I started with a Very Vanilla card base and added layers of Sahara Sand, So Saffron, and DP from the Everafter collection by Cosmo Cricket. The sentiment is from Flourishes Timeless Quotes set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Sahara Sand, then I went over the word "Faith" with a gold ink pen and dotted the "i" with a tiny flat backed gold bead. I used deckle edge Nestabilities dies on the sentiment and the So Saffon and Sahara Sand mats and popped the whole thing up on 3M foam squares. But before that, I stuck a short length of 1 1/2" ribbon under it. A few flat back gold beads fill some of the "open" space and it's done! Simple and elegant, I think. Can't go wrong with that, can you?

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

I'm glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Timeless Quotes (Flourishes)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, So Saffron (SU!); Everafter (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, flat back gold beads, gold ink pen (craft store)

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Barbara! Good job! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeyootiful!!! I love the soft pastels, and your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Barbara! I love those gold beads---really add a dimension to this gorgeous paper!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!