Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wishful Elegance


[Be sure to check back later this afternoon for my MFT Idol Contest entry. I'm really excited about this week's challenge and my entry. And please don't forget to vote (hopefully for me!) starting tonight, Tuesday, April 28 at 10PM running until tomorrow night, Wednesday, April 29 at 10PM. You can find the poll on the MFT Forum here.]

This last week really got away from me so I thought I'd better get the SCS Sketch Challenge--#225--done before the next one comes out!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and DP from the Marrakesh 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey, following the sketch. The focal image was stamped on Very Vanilla with a stamp from Verve's latest release called Wishful Elegance with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). It was then cut/embossed with a square Nestabilities die and matted on Tangerine Tango cut/embossed with a labels three die, and Pacific Point cut/embossed with another square die. Then the entire element was popped up on 3M foam squares. Some Pacific Point colored Dew Drops add some interest. A very simple card but the richness of the Marrakesh paper gives it some charm, I think.

Thanks for dropping by and please do come back later to see my Idol entry.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wishful Elegance (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango (SU!); Marrakesh 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); Dew Drops; Copic markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!