Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Viva la...mustard?


OK, I have to be honest and say I really didn't like these colors together when I first saw the Viva la Verve With a Twist challenge for this week. BUT (heh, heh) obviously someone does. I take my cards in to work to show my co-workers. I'm sure they're totally tired of seeing them by now but they remain polite :) I even had someone who wanted to BUY this card! Goes to show beauty truly *is* in the eye of the beholder. Maybe it's not such a bad combination after all ;-)

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Baja Breeze and Muirfield DSP. The next element is Summer Sun with a punched border and Good Morning Sunshine DSP. The next element is More Mustard with DSP from the hostess Patterns Pack, with a gold satin 3/8" ribbon tied around in a bow. The "focal" element is More Mustard and Baja Breeze run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Then I attached two large embossed Prima flowers with fabric covered brads from K & Co. and popped it up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with More Mustard and is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set. It was then cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die and tied on with DMS embroidery floss that matches Baja Breeze. An aqua colored Dew Drop is at each corner.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Summer Sun, More Mustart, Baja Breeze, Good Morning Sunshine, Muirfield, and Pattern Pack DSP (SU!)
Ink: More Mustard (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, DMS floss (craft store); brads (K & Co.); Prima flowers; Martha Stewart border punch; Dew Drops

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the colors. Great layout and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love those flowers--it is a very happy, cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!