Friday, April 03, 2009

Happy Easter


This card is for Sharon Johnson's challenge for today--Stamp Simply #81 - The Incredible Edible Egg! The challenge is to use an egg in your project. Any kind of egg. Fun challenge and it made me get out this set that I'd never used--never even mounted, even! Thanks for another great challenge, Sharon!!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, and DSP from SU!'s Tea Time collection. I rounded two corners and added a So Saffron grosgrain ribbon and bow from the SU! Sale-a-Bration ribbon bundle. The layout is SCS Sketch Challenge #222. My focal image uses a stamp from a SU! set called A Good Egg and was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento London Fog ink. The chick was colored with Copic markers Y21 and Y32 and the egg was paper pieced with more DSP. I also covered the chick with Gold Shimmer Shimmerz Blingz and outlined him and the egg with Sakura glitter pens. It--and the Pretty In Pink and Certainly Celery mats--were then cut/embossed with my Nestabilities Labels dies and is mounted on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento London Fog ink and cut/embossed with a Spellbinders label die. I then notched the end and attached a pink button from my stash with pink DMC embroidery floss and popped it up on foam squares, too. Three light green Dew Drops in the right lower corner and it's done!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: A Good Egg (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, and Tea Time DSP (SU!)
Ink: Memento London Fog
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, DMC floss (craft store); Copic markers; Dew Drops; button (personal stash); ribbon (SU!); corner rounder punch (EK Sucess)

3 comments:

  1. So very cute and springy. You had a stamp that wasn't mounted... ack... Seriously Barbara, I can't say that I ever. well now days the clear ones aren't mounted, so I guess its cheating if I say never with those. lol fun that you finally got to use it. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love this little chick with the Tea Party DP! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so cute -- what a darling Easter card and perfect little egg!!! So glad you played along -- thanks much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!