Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You've Got Mail!


I finally ordered a MFT Who's That E-Girl set, and I got it just in time! This card is for the MFTWTG Challenge #24--to paper piece E-Girl! Yeehaw! I love E-Girl and I love to paper piece! I'm using the sketch from the first Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, and DSP from the new Bella Birds collection, with an antique copper brad at each corner.The next two elements are more of the same, with different DSP paper and matting for each, and the vertical element is up on 3M foam squares. The focal image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and, for the most part, paper pieced. Her skin, top, laptop, and the leg of the chaise are the only things that are colored, with Copic markers (see below for colors used). It was then matted with Bordering Blue, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip and is also up on foam squares. The sentiment was stamped in the same manner and is attached to an "@" shaped paper clip that I found at Office Max and anchored with foam squares. Is that paper clip not the cutest thing?!? Doesn't it go perfectly with this set? Love it!

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Who's That E-Girl (MFT)

Paper:
Bella Birds, Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue (SU!); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:
3M foam squares, brad
s (craft store); paper clip (Office Max)

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute. Great paper piecing, congrats on making the top 10! Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!