Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tea With Flopsey


This is my first MFT Flopsey card but it won't be my last. He's so fun! Does he look relaxed, or what? Well, that's me--today, LOL. If I make the cut on MFTIdol this time, the stress will begin again tomorrow morning, but last night and today, I'm cool. I just want to go sit under a tree and have Tea With Flopsey. I'm using MFTSC #72 for my layout, and when I sat down to make this card last night, it sorta just came to me and went together so smoothly. I guess because there was no pressure--just fun.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Garden Green, Taken With Teal, and DP from a new DCWV Matstack called Garden Party, following the sketch. The focal image is from the Tea With Flopsey set and was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). Flopsey is a joy to color!!! Oh, I used Garden Green and Certainly Celery ink for the tree leaves. Flopsey was matted with Whisper White and Garden Green, had some turquoise Dew Drops added to the corners, and is up on 3M foam squares. His teapot is also up on a bit of foam square for some definition. I added two strips of 1/4" green and turquoise ribbon around the bottom panel, and some Prima flowers and a button tied on with Pearl cotton accent the right lower corner, along with some leaves punched out with a Martha Stewart punch. The butterfly is also done with a Martha Stewart Punch, has a Gold Liquid Pearl body, and is also up on a snippet of foam square. No sentiment--I like having cards around with no sentiment on the outside--makes them more versatile. I'm liking Flopsey a lot. He makes me smile. How about you?

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Tea With Flopsey (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Taken With Teal (SU!); Garden Party Matstack (DCWV); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb paper
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Garden Green, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearle cotton (craft store); butterfly and leaf punch (Martha Stewart); Copic markers; Prima flowers; Copic markers; button (personal stash); Dew Drops

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! I love the colours you've used:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Great shaded of green and I had not seen this Flopsey yet, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I love your color combo on this cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!