Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Their Day

It's impossible to explain the excitement we all felt last week after we submitted our auditions to My Favorite Things' Idol contest. We stalked the forum for DAYS waiting to see Who made it as a finalist--and had loads of fun and made new friends in the process. The judges worked hard and we all knew they had tough decisions to make because ALL of the entries were totally AWESOME!

So, with my submission for this round of the contest, I hope to let the judges know how happy I am to be in the Top Ten list! Our theme for this round is "Celebrate", so since it's better to give than to recieve, I'm giving the judges a virtual day at the spa! Waiting for each of them is a card, soothing music, wine, candlelight, chocolate, and lotions and potions for pampering. Relax! You've earned it!

The stamped image on my card is almost totally paper pieced, the bubbles all have been glittered with a Sakura Stardust glitter pen, and the mirror frame and tub feet were embossed in gold. The tub on the CD sleeve has gold embossed shower head and feet, too, and the Nugget box has a clear acetate sleeve. All other coloring was done with Copic markers (see below for colors used).

Labels were punched and attached to bath salts, lotion, and soap, there's a candle floating in water, wine is poured, music us ready to sooth, rose petals are strewn randomly, and chocolate is close by.
Relax, relax, relax!

Voting runs from 10pm on March 17th until 10pm on March 18th at the MFT Forum Here . Please come on over and vote--hopefully for me ;-)

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Time For the Bubbly, Take a Break, Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Bittersweet (Basic Grey); Clear cardstock (Flourishes)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Versamark
Accessories: Ribbon, 3M foam squares, Prima flowers, Word Window Punch, 3 oval punches, Build a brad (SU!); Scor-Pal, flat back pearls, heat tool, gold embos
sing powder; Copic markers

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Barbara!! I love all the work you put into the card and the whole set is just beautiful!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set Barb! It's a sure winner! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous set, Barbara! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got my vote - I could use a day at the spa for sure!!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!