Saturday, March 07, 2009

Fly away with me


This card covers two challenges: Sketches {by Tamara} Card Sketch #85 and Stamp Simply #77--use heat embossing.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black and Ballet Blue. The top layer--and focal image--was stamped with a stamp from Flourishes' Birds in Vine set (which is apparently not currently available--I can't find it on the store site) on Whisper White with Versamark. I then heat embossed it with black embossing powder, cut it in strips to follow the sketch and attached it to the Ballet Blue layer. The birds and the sentiment were heat embossed in the same manner. The birds were cut out and attached with 3M foam squares, and the sentiment was cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die and attached with blue ribbon. The button started out as a clear button on which I glued Basic Black paper (which was punched out with my 3/4" circle punch) using Crystal effects, and tied onto the ribbon with blue cord. Pretty simple card, but I like the sketch for this stamp and the embossing adds a nice touch.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Birds in Vine (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Ballet Blue (SU!)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, clear button (craft store); black embossing powder; heat gun; 3/4" circle punch (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is truly so stunning, it just takes my breath away!! What a fabulous job on the card design and your embossing is wonderful here!!! I'm so glad that you played -- thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your card. thanks for playing with us at Tamaras Sketches Blog! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I haven't done one of their sketches for so long....I love your choice of images!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!