Sunday, February 01, 2009

Wind Down


This card is for SCS Sketch Challenge 213. I've had this MFT's Annie LaPointe stamp for a while, just never have gotten around to using it.

My base card is Very Vanilla. The first element is two papers from a My Mind's Eye designer paper pack. The bottom layer was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch . The second element is two more coordinating papers. The focal image was stamped on watercolor paper with Basic Brown and colored with SU! markers and a blender pen. The whole image is also covered with Angel Wings Shimmerz. the solid DP have a bit of a sheen to them, so the Shimmerz sort of ties that together, and it's up on 3M foam squares. I also added some Shimmerz to the large Prima flower, mainly to tone down the brightness of that color a bit. The center of the flower is gold filigree. I got this idea from Laura at Scrapnextras. See her blog entry for a better explanation than I can give :) I totally agree with her--they work great and look great! Other than some flat-backed gold balls, that's about it!

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wind Down (Annie Lapointe for MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!); DP (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Basic Brown, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories: Prima flowers; flat-backed gold balls, 3m foam squares, filigree bead cap, brad (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart); blender pen, sponge (SU!)

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!