Thursday, February 05, 2009

Life's greatest comforts

This card is for two challenges: Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #29 and SCS CC204A. I just couldn't get my mind around 204 so I decided to forget about it. 204A's colors I can do: Old Olive, Cameo Coral, and Creamy Caramel.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, and Old Olive DSP. The next element is Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, and designer card stock from a K & Co. card pack. The next element is Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, and Cameo Coral. The focal image was stamped on watercolor paper with Basic Brown ink and colored with Stampin' Up! markers and a blender pen. It was then cut/embossed with a long rectangle Nestabilities die and sponged with Creamy Caramel while it was still in the die. Then I matted it on Old Olive, which was cut embossed with a scalloped long rectangle die and the whole thing is up on 3M foam squares. A green double stitched grosgrain ribbon bow was added with a spiral clip. The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set and stamped/sponged/cut/embossed/layered in the same manner as the focal image adn is also up on foam squares. Gold flat back pearls at each corner finish it off.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful (SU!); Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Old Olive DSP (SU!); Card pack (K & Co)
Ink: Basic Brown and Creamy Caramel, Old Olive & Cameo Coral markers (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, small long rectangle plain and scalloped Nestabilties dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, spiral clip, gold flat-backed pearls (craft store); sponge, blender pen (SU!)

6 comments:

  1. Well, I already commented on this over on SCS, but this card warrants a double-comment, 'cause it's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Barbara! I love this color combo! The shading on the panels is so nice too!

    I just had to have this stamp set and guess what? I've never even mounted it let alone inked it up. I should be ashamed. Or I could be rich if I sold every craft item I've not used yet! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The colors are so crisp and fresh! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is geeee-orgeous! each week gets better and better...i can't wait to see what comes next! :)

    thanks for playing along with my sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful---this is one of my favorite color combinations!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!