Monday, February 09, 2009

Let's Get Negative!


That's the theme of No time To Stamp's Stamp Simply challenge this week--#73, to use a negative image on a project. This card is for that challenge and Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try. I couldn't decide whether to use this card for an anniversary or sympathy card (am I the only one that finds that humorous?) so I left a sentiment off. I just found out I need to use the only sympathy card in my stash so I guess that answers that.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Basic Black, Bordering Blue, and DP from the ATD pad Story Of Us. The next two elements are more of the same, just different DP. The focal image was stamped on Very Vanilla with Basic Black ink and a stamp from Inkadinkado's Birds Galore set. I glued a small blue jewel to the bird's eye and it's up on 3M foam squares. Three sets of Prima flowers with flat-backed pearls for the centers finish the sketch and are the finishing touch. I really like this card.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Basic Black (SU!); Story Of Us (ADT)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: Prima flowers; 3M foam squares, pearls (craft store)' blue jewel (Hero Arts)

4 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!