Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hang in there!

This card is for SCS Inspiration Challenge #168. Inspiration was to come from some item at Flutter. I chose this chandelier. As soon as I saw it I thought of the Crafty Secrets' Chandelier Fun stamp that I got several weeks ago in error. When I emailed Crafty Secrets, I was told to keep it for my trouble and they sent the right stamp set immediately. So, I thought I'd put that stamp to good use for this challenge. It's also for Our Creative Corner Challenge this week--to use a tag on a card. Got it covered!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, and DP from Basic Grey's Scarlett's Letter 6 x 6 pad. This paper has a little bit of apricot, which gave me an opportunity to use Apricot Appeal, which is a color I rarely use.

The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I colored the "flames" with an Apricot Appeal Stampin' Up! marker, layered it on Apricot Appeal and Basic Black, popped it up on 3M foam squares, and called it done! The sentiment is from the chandelier set and was stamped on a small piece of DP with Basic Black, cut/embossed with a Nestabilities tag die, and matted with a larger tag in Basic Black. A couple of flat-back black shiny "pearls" in the right lower corner finish it off. A sheer black ribbon tied around in a bow under the focal image was the only thing else it needed, I think. Pretty simple but elegant, don't you think?

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Chandelier Fun (Crafty Secrets)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal (SU!); Scarlett's Letter 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!); Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities tag dies; 3M foam squares, black hemp, ribbon, flat-back black "pearls" (craft store); black embossing powder; heat gun

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Barb! Love the chandelier and the colors are perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!