Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Buttons and Bows and WHAT???


This card is for SCS Inspiration Challenge #167. Inspiration was to come from this site: The Artful Bras Project. I chose the bra called Buttons and Bows and Boobs. All of the bras were very creative, to say the least! It's also for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I think this is the first time I've done one of these. Different for me, but that's a good thing. It was fun and I really like this card.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Old Olive and Pretty In Pink card stock. The next elements are first Old Olive, then DP from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad, both layers of which were cut/embossed with circle Nestabilities dies. The focal image was stamped on Solar White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). It was matted on Pretty In Pink then Old Olive, and is up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Solar White card stock with Pretty In Pink from the same set and punched out with my Word Window punch. It's matted with Old Olive that was cut/embossed with a Nestabilities label die. I sewed on a pink button and mounted it up on foam squares. Two more buttons accent the top right corner. I really am liking this card.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Think Pink (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Pretty In Pink (SU!); Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/circle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, DMC emroidery floss (craft store); buttons (my stash), Copic markers

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!