Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Still Winter With a Blue Twist

Whew! This card combines three challenges! Viva la Verve #2 (sketch with a twist of bling), No Time To Stamp #69 (It's Still Winter), and Our Creative Corner (two shades of blue with a neutral). Well, no stamp set could do these better than Verve's Snow Wonderful, IMO. All images on this card are from this set.

My base card is Whisper White, with a layer of Basic Black, a layer of Bashful Blue, and finally a layer of Whisper White that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Snowflake folder.

The next element is Basic Black and then Whisper White, on which I stamped the snowflake border in Bashful Blue. The bling starts here :) The next element is Basic Black, Bashful Blue, and the focal image using Neenah Solar White paper. This is my first foray into Copic coloring. I know, it's just a teeny tiny bit, but it's a start! And I think it's OK for a first attempt, but I think I need a lighter gray for outlining. I stamped the snowman in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored hin with two shades of blue (see picture of the Copics I used below); his buttons add more bling. This element is popped up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black, punched with a SU! large oval punch, and is attached to two felt snowflakes with a glittery snowflake brad. One more blue rhinestone dots the Winter "i" and black gingham ribbon completes the sketch requirements. I love this card and I hope you do too!



~Recipe~
Stamps: Snow Wonderful (Verve)
Paper: Neenah Solar White (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Basic Black, Bashful Blue (SU!)
Accessories: felt snowflakes; blue jewels (Hero Arts); ribbon, 3M foam squares, snowflake brad (craft store); Copic markers





4 comments:

  1. What a cute snowman, Bar! I love that big gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Barbara, you incorporated a lot of challenges in this AWESOME card!!!! I LOVE the colors and of course, the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cutie, too! I just bought my first (2) Copics, one also being the gray that you used, and I thought the same thing---could be lighter. But honestly, looking at yours, it looks fine! I have been nervous to use it, though--still working on that!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!