Friday, January 30, 2009

Breezy Pacific Gardens Mojo Love

First, just a note to my readers: I got a question yesterday in a comment but I couldn't respond because the reader didn't leave an email address. To remedy this, I've added my email address in the side bar. So, if you have a question for me, please fire it off in an email and I'll answer it to the best of my ability. Thanks!


This card is for three challenges--SCS color challenge 203 (Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Garden Green), the very latest hot off the press Stamp Simply--#72, show some LOVE!, and Mojo Monday 70--just a little late, LOL, but I like the sketch so I'm doing it. That's my story, etc., etc. This could be an anniversary card, I think. Or a Valentine's Day card.

My card base is Whisper White with a layer of Garden Green, then Pacific Point, then a layer of Whisper White that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Love Language embossing folder. The next "element" is two rows of Pacific Point striped ribbon. The half-round element is Baja Breeze stamped with my Posy backgrounder stamp cut/embossed with a circle Nestibilities die and layered on Baja Breeze cut/embossed with a scalloped circle die. The long element is Garden Green, Pacific Point, and Whisper White that was run through the Cuttlebug with the Stylized Flower embossing folder. These elements are up on 3M foam squares. The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with Garden Green using a stamp from Verve's Beautiful You set--you can't see it but the little flower was done in Pacific Point. It was cut/embossed with a Lables One die and layered on Pacific Point which was cut/embossed with a square die--the edges were sponged with Baja Breeze then Pacific Point. This is also up on foam squares. The "Baja Breeze" Prima was once a white one. I colored it with a Twinkling H2O called Tahitian Blue--which was a little too blue so I went over it with Shimmerz in Mint. It's probably closer to Soft Sky but it works and it sure does shimmer.
The flowers are attached with a clear crystal brad. See the green leaves? I bought a miniature ivy garland at Wal*Mart in the floral department for $3.00 and cut the little leaves off. I LOVE how this turned out!! Now I have leaves for, well, let's just say for quite a while for almost nothing, LOL. They're attached with glue dots and match the Garden Green to a "T".

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve); Posy Backgrounder (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Garden Green (SU!)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Garden Green
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, embossing folders; Primas; 3M foam squares, crystal brad (craft store); ivy leaves (Wal*Mart); Twinkling H2Os; Shimmerz (Jacksonbelle Embellishments)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Barb! Awesome job combining all those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you know I love this color combo--what a great idea to use Walmart leaves--I probably have a ton of them in my flower stash!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! Love the colours and the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card with all it's great detail -- beautiful floral in the corner!!! Lovely colors as well -- GREAT JOB on your LOVELY card!!! So glad you could play -- thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you nailed those colors! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!