Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow Wonderful

This card is for SCS color challenge 196: Taken With Teal, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White. I went through my Christmas paper and found that this pattern from Basic Grey's Figgy collection had all the colors in it. Happy day! Then I found this cute little snowman from Inkadinkado's Christmas Characters set and went from there.

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of Baja Breeze on which I used my scalloped border punch and then I paper pierced the scallops. I then added a layer of the Figgy snowman design. The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with Basic Gray ink and watercolored using pads and a brush. The edges were sponged with Baja Breeze and then layered on Riding Hood Red and Taken With Teal and attached with 3M foam squares after adding some clear Dew Drops. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper white with a stamp from Verve's Snow Wonderful set and Basic Gray ink, punched and layered on Riding Hood Red. A ribbon and bow of Riding Hood Red ribbon was just the accent it needed, I think. Liberal use of a Sakura glitter pen on the image and every other available flat surface makes it shimmer in real life.

Thanks for taking a look at today's card!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Christmas Characters (Inkadinkado), Snow Wonderful (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze (SU!), Figgy (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Gray, Taken With Teal, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Only Orange (SU!)
Accessories: Dew Drops, slot punch, small and large oval punches, scalloped border punch, ribbon (SU!), Sakura glitter pen, sponge, brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!