Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Christmas decor items

Are you getting sick of seeing these, LOL? OK, three more projects in this post and that's the last of them for now--I think ;-)

The first project is more letters--these are for the fake mantle in our library/media room. We have a free-standing gas log stove in there and no mantle so we mounted a mantle on the wall behind the stove. It works! These letter are NOEL and done in a woodland tone to match the other Christmas decorations in this room.

Here's the overall look of the "mantle":


















And here are the letters close-up:
















The next project is for a cute little metal "envelope" I found a couple of years ago. I thought it needed a "letter" in it so I typed out the "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" letter, embellished it slightly with some holly leaves punched with a Martha Stewart punch and some red "berry" stickers, and put it in the "envelope". I have it hanging on the door knob to DH's Man Cave. Here's the overall look:





















And here's a closer view showing the embellishments:
















OK, the last one. I have a couple of white feather trees sitting on the step to our whirlpool tub with purple ornaments on them. I wanted a little something else to group with the trees, so I took a white pillar candle and embellished it a bit. I stamped a snowflake border and a greeting from the Just Rite Christmas set with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. It's matted with Lavender Lace and silver metallic card stock, as is the band that wraps around the candle. Here's the overall look:




















And here's a closer look:

















I think most of these are pretty self-explanatory so I won't do the recipe thing. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for bearing with me, LOL. On the next post I'll be back to cards!! Woohoo!!

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!