Friday, November 14, 2008

Winter's Butterflies

This card is for the SCS Sketch Challenge 202. I got this Hero Arts stamp set recently and decided to use it for this challenge.

My base card is Very Vanilla that was distressed with my Creamy Caramel (I love distressing with this color!!! even though I have several Ranger Distress Ink pads) ink pad and a sponge. The next layer is Chocolate Chip and the next is Baja Breeze. Then there's a layer of DP from My Mind's Eye called Falling Frost. I love this paper and must get more! For my three small elements, I first "inked" up the snowflake stamp with Versamark and then my Baja Breeze ink pad, stamped it on Very Vanilla, covered with clear embossing powder and heat set it. I distressed them in the same manner as the card base. They were then layered with Baja Breeze card stock and attached with dimensionals. The focal image snowflake scroll was done the same way, the sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Chip, and the whole thing was distressed, as well. I punched the snowflake accents and secured with brown brads and attached this element with dimensionals, too. I'm REALLY loving this card--I think it's going to be a keeper. Thanks for droppin in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Winter's Butterflies (Hero Arts)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (SU!), Falling Frost DP (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Versamark, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Snowflake punches (Marvy, Martha Stewart), brads (craft store), clear embossing powder, heat gun, sponge

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I have seen so many nice cards with this sketch, I NEED to do one myself! Too busy this weekend, I'm afraid! I do love this color combo, too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!