Monday, October 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Challenge

This card is for the SCS sketch challenge #199. It's a great sketch and I like the way this card turned out. I'm STILL making Thanksgiving cards and I STILL am loving the fall colors!

I started with a card base of Chocolate Chip and added a layer of DCWV Thanksgiving Words DP. The next element is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Pumpkin Pie which was run through my Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes embossing folder. I tied green and brown ribbons around this to dress it up. The next element is Chocolate Chip layered with Old Olive, also run through the Distressed Stripes folder, accented with orange brads, and adhered with dimensionals. The sentiment image is stamped with an Inkadinkado stamp in Close To Cocoa on Very Vanilla card stock and cut out using a long rectangle Nestabilities die. I left the paper in the die and sponged it with Close To Cocoa. Then it was layered on Chocolate Chip and also is up on dimensionals. Thanks for stopping by and looking!

Recipe: Stamp--Inkadinkado; Paper--DCWV Thanksgiving Words, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla (SU!); Ink--Close To Cocoa (SU!); Accessories--ribbon and brads (craft shop), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities die, embossing folder.

1 comment:

  1. What a great card---I never think to use my die as a mask for sponging...this looks so nice! LOVE that paper!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!