Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cottage Flowers for Color Throwdown #3.

When I first saw these colors (Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise, and Ruby Red) I thought: FALL!! But I needed a birthday card. Then I thought: what am I going to do with this, LOL??? So, here's what I did. I used my Flourishes Damask background stamp and stamped it on all three colors of card stock in the matching color. The base card is Very Vanilla. The image is stamped on water color paper and water colored with reinkers and is up on dimensionals. I had fun with this challenge and I'm happy with the birthday card it became. The envelope is dressed up with a little strip of the stamped Tempting Turquoise paper. Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Flourishes Damask and Lockhart Cottage Flowers; Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red and Tempting Turquoise, watercolor paper (Stampin' Up!); Inks: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red and Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!); Accessories: dimensionals and copper brads (craft store.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb :) These is really pretty!! I love how you used these colors. Also, the Damask background looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, I love watercoloring the best! *can you tell?*
    I also like how you decorated your envelope--very classy! Thanks for playing!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Barbara! I love your layout and how you used the colors for fall flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, Barb this is gorgeous! Way to rock out those colors, and I love how you did the color blocking with the Vanilla cardstock! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!