Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Because You’re Amazing–CTD #391

CTD391_2016may4

Hi, everyone, it’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! Our hostess this week is Amy Rysavy and she has some gorgeous colors for us based on an equally gorgeous inspiration piece.


swatch391
I had not had a chance to use Chunky Herringbone Stencil from MFT’s May Release with ink so I got it out and, using Peerless Watercolors and a small waterbrush, colored Rangerwatercolor paper with the challenge colors for my background. I wanted to add some black so I did something I hadn’t done in a while—hand drew in some black lines in a distressed manner. I really love the artsy look this adds. Once I was done with that I popped it up on foam mounting tape on my Sweet Tooth card stock base.

CTD391_2016may4b

Then I added the die cut and a sentiment from the also just-released Because You stamp and die set. I cut three copies of the word, adhered them together for dimension and strength, and adhered it to the stencilled panel on top of some curled up black silk thread. The sentiment was stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice dye ink and popped up on foam. I finished off with some clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the
Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD391 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd391 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our sweet and talented May Guest Designer, Jill Hawkins!

If you’ll notice closely, you’ll see we’ve added another member to the Design Team. Last month’s guest,
Amy Rohl, was impossible to let go—so we are over the moon that she has joined the team as a regular member so please help us welcome her!!

Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jill Hawkins – May Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1springsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Because You (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Chunky Herringbone Stencil, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, small waterbrush, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); black silk thread, black fine line marker

1springsignature

5 comments:

  1. Very cute card. I love this sentiment stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hand-drawn lines... adds an extra something to that stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your card and all the beautiful color. Very artsy!!!! TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this took some patience but it is really a stunning background! Love the 'looseness' of your watercoloring and the added lines are such a fun detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure do like that background! I need to get some of those peerless watercolors. Next time I go to the MFT shop I plan on getting a pack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!