Thursday, April 14, 2016

Waving Hello–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #276

MFTWSC276_2016apr14

Hi, everyone, I’m back with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_276
It’s OK that I love this card, right? The idea popped into my head when I was working on another card using these umbrellas and I couldn’t WAIT to make it! I sketched it out and saved it, not knowing when I’d use it but as soon as I looked at this week’s sketch I knew it would work for it :)

I started with a Blue Breeze card stock base and built upon it. Next I added Making Waves Die-namics cut from Summer Splash card stock—I added some white gel pen for white caps. Then I added Stitche Snow Drifts Die-namics cut from Biscotti card stock for the sand, one layer popped up on foam mounting tape to accomodate the toothpicks. The final layer is Grassy Edges Die-namics cut from Sour Apple card stock.

MFTWSC276_2016apr14b

The umbrellas are from LJD All Heart, stamped on X-Press It Blending Card with Black Licorice hybrid ink, colored with Copic markers, and fussy cut out. I hot glued toothpicks for the pole and stuck them in the sand. Sunshine card stock and Radiant Sun Die-namics made the sun and Puffy Clouds Die-namics were cut from Sweet Tooth card stock. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with Blueprints 25 Die-namics and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I wanted the sign to look like it was being pulled across the sky so I drew lines to an imaginary plane with a black fine line marker.

This card was SO much fun to make!! Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1springsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Go Overboard, LJD All Heart (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Blue Breeze card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Sunshine card stock, Summer Splash card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Biscotti card stock, Sour Apple card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 25 Die-namics, Grassy Edges Die-namics, Making Waves Die-namics, Puffy Clouds Die-namics, Radiant Sun Die-namics, Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic (MFT); Copic markers, heat tool, toothpicks, white gel pen, black fine line marker

1springsignature

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!