Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Miss You. That Is All–SSSC #271

SSSC271_2015may31


Hey, everyone! Welcome to a brand new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has another fun sketch for us this week and I hope to see lots of you playing along!


SSSC271

I’m using another image from the soon-to-be-released BB Penguins in Paradise set from MFT. I just love these little guys, don’t you? I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. The horizontal element is Steel Gray card stock with white embossing paste applied through MPD Scallops Stencil. Next is a piece of pattered paper I found in my scrap drawer stamped with Plaid Builder Background and the following inks: Orange Fizz dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Razzle Berry dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, then cut with Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and popped up on foam. The sentiment was stamped a the bottom with Black Licorice dye ink. The focal point began as a Zig Zag Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics cut from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb. I stamped the image from the set with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored it with Copic markers, including the scene. Notice my little guy is sunning himself in either the morning or late afternoon for safety ;-) OK, so I’m not an artist but I think its kinda cute. I popped it up on foam, added a few enamel dots, and it was done!

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

SSSC271_2015may31in

And that’s it for this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Penguins in Paradise, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Razzle Berry dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Zig Zag Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, foam mounting tape, MPD Scallops Stencil, white embossing paste (MFT); Copic markers, enamel dots

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bar you really blew it out of the water this week! Your coloring is amazing as is your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!