Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Love You This Much–SSSC #252

SSSC252_2015jan18

Hi, everyone, it’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has another classic design for us this week.


SSSC252
Obviously, I changed it up just a tad, but the sketch is still there. I started with a Kraft card stock base, on which I stenciled embossing paste using Staggered Hearts stencil. I left room for the sentiment at the bottom, stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink. Next, on X-Press It Blending Card, I stamped PI Heart Banner with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers. I matted it with Black Licorice card stock to ground it and popped it up on foam mounting tape. I added a Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Plaid Builder Background and Black Licorice dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, and Cherry Crisp dye ink. I added a Pierced Heart STAX Die-namics, cut from Cherry Crisp card stock and embellished with a hemp cord tied Black Licorice button.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

SSSC252_2015jan18in


And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI Heart Banner, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, Cherry Crisp dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Kraft card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Pierced Heart STAX Die-namics, Staggered Hearts stencil, Black Licorice button, hemp cord, foam mounting tape (MFT); Copic markers, embossing paste

1CAS Signature2

9 comments:

  1. I love this card! Especially how you left room for the sentiment underneath the image - super clever! I think the sketch looks great vertically too - fabulous card, Bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet heart of a card. Love the heRts in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! I like how you made this into a vertical card and your coloring is awesome on this cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooooooo love how you changed it up Bar! I really, really want to try this embossing paste technique, but so scared. LOL I may have to just put on my big girl pants and do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant how your left the space for the sentiment on the background this is gorgeous Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Love the hearts background with embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! What a great way to say, "I love you".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!