Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy 2015–MFTWSC #209

MFTWSC209_2014dec31

Hello, all! It’s almost 2015 (OK, HOW did THAT happen???) and I’m here to wish you the most happy New Year EVER!! It’s also Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

Print

I can NOT tell you how much fun I had making this card! I have a video HERE showing you how I made the sponged background—not the exact one I used on the card but one just like it.



And here’s how I put it the card together. I started with a Grout Gray card stock base, then I added my sponged night sky background. To follow the sketch, I ripped the corner off and sponged another piece to match and to insert under the tear line. On that piece, I stamped part of a sentiment from LLD Delicious Birthday with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Moving down the card, I cut Skyline Border Die-namics from Steel Gray card stock and added little pieces of Banana Split card stock for the “lights”. I added a strip of Black Licorice card stock, some silver glitter paper, and a Pinking Edge Circle STAX Die-namics cut from gold glitter paper, popped up on foam. The greeting was cut from metallic gold card stock and Black Licorice card stock using LLD Emmitt Alphabet Die-namics and LLD Emmitt Numbers & Symbols Die-namics. I finished off with some sweet little stars cut from silver glitter paper with Scattered Stars Die-namics.

A sentiment from Celebrate Big was stamped on the inside with Black Licorice dye ink.

MFTWSC209_2014dec31in

And there it is! Happy 2015!! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Delicious Birthday, Celebrate Big (MFT)
Ink:
Nightshift Blue dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Lemon Drop dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Banana Split card stock (MFT); silver and gold glitter paper, metallic gold card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Skyline Border Die-namics, Pinking Edge Circle STAX Die-namics, LLD Emmitt Alphabet, LLD Emmitt Numbers & Symbols, Scattered Stars Die-namics, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam (MFT); foam tape, gold embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!