Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Halloween–CTD #316

CTD316_2014oct29


Hey, there, everyone! It’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! Today’s colors are brought to us by Monika—I really love that bright blue!



swatch 316

The inspiration piece is a Fall scene, but it said Halloween to me so that’s what I went with—my LAST Halloween card for this year, I promise :)

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next, I did a watercolor wash on some Ranger watercolor paper with a Pacific Point reinker from SU! I matted that with Black Licorice card stock and popped them both up on foam. Next I added a fence, cat, and tombstone, cut from Black Licorice card stock and Grout Gray card stock, using Spooky Scene Die-namics. Then I added a LJD Out on a Limb Die-namics tree, also cut from Black Licorice card stock and leaves cut from Lemon Drop card stock and Orange Fizz card stock. The sentiment is from LJD Primitive Pumpkins and was stamped with Black Licorice dye ink.

Another sentiment from LJD Primitive Pumpkins was stamped on the inside along with more leaves.


CTD316_2014oct29in

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD316 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented October Guest Designer, Petra Swart and our Guest Star Stamper, Sue Rose!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Petra Swart – November Guest Designer
Sue Rose – Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again soon.

1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Primitive Pumpkins (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink (MFT); Pacific Point reinker (SU!)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Grout Gray card stock (MFT); water color paper (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Spooky Scene Die-namics, LJD Out on a Limb Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, water brush

1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. Such a super cute spooky scene you've created, Barbara! LOVE the stunning water-coloured blue sky...such a great way to use the Pacific Blue! Thank you SO much for your very sweet comments about my CTD cards! I always LOVE joining the CTD and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time as the Guest this month! Thankyou SO much for having me!
    Big Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling Halloween scene, Bar!!! Your watercolored sky looks fantastic and I love that awesome tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO cute! I just adore that pretty black cat with the spooky eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves that fell from the tree are AMAZING! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous watercolored sky and sweet little fall scene! Of course there would be a cat perched on your fence! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Barb. Love the Halloween scene. That tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the blue watercolor and the black kitty on the fence! The color of your leaves is fantastic! Great way to use the colors for your LAST Halloween card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Onyx made it onto a card! I love it... that tree is fantastic against that gorgeous blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!