Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MFT September Creative Challenge: Halloween Happenings + a Video

CCset_2014sep30


Hi, everyone, it’s time for this month’s MFT Design Team Creative Challenge! Our theme for this month is Halloween Happenings. I’ve got a card and a couple of treat containers for you—it’s a pretty long post so grab your favorite beverage and put your feet up :)


Print


Today’s video will show you how I created the water color background with Scattered Bars Stencil and how I created the card and the witch’s hat treat box. You can see the video by clicking on the button below or HERE on YouTube.



Here’s a close up of the card elements, including the water color stenciled background, some embossed stenciling, and a Copic colored image.


CCcardclose_2014sep30

Using a water brush and water color paper, I stenciled on Steel Gray Ink, Sour Apple Ink, Orange Fizz Ink, and Grape Jelly Ink with Scattered Bars Stencil, trimmed off 1” (saved for future use) and popped it up on a Black Licorice Card Stock base, onto which I stenciled some embossing paste using Starry Night Stencil. I stamped the image, from Witch Way Is the Candy? with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink on a Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics, cut from X-Press It Blending Card, colored it with Copic markers, and popped it up on foam. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped on Sweet Tooth Card Stock and also popped up on foam.

Here are the Copic markers I used on this card:


CCcopics_2014sep30


Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.


CCcard_2014sep30in


My witch’s hat treat box was created with
Cone Treat Box Die-namics and Circle STAX Set 2 Die-namics, decorated with some baker’s twine.

CChat_2014sep30


Here’s another view:

CChat2_2014sep30


And, finally, I made a treat sack from MFT felt to look like candy corn :)

CCbag_2014sep30


I used Sweet Tooth Felt, Lemon Drop Felt, and Orange Fizz Felt.

CCbag1_2014sep30


Here’s how I started:

CCbag2_2014sep30


This shows how I pinned the sections together before stitching them.

CCbag3_2014sep30


Stitched…

CCbag4_2014sep30


Next I stitched the side seams, stuffing the threat ends from the previous stitching inside.

CCbag5_2014sep30


And here is is all stitched up, ready for some goodies and to be tied together with some twine.

CCbag6_2014sep30


A Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics tag was stamped with the sentiment, also from Witch Way Is the Candy?, and tied on with black twine.

CCbag_2014sep30



1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Witch Way Is the Candy? (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, Orange Fizz Ink, Sour Apple Ink, Grape Jelly Ink, Steel Gray Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice Card Stock, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT); water color paper (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics, Circle STAX Set 2 Die-namics, Cone Treat Box Die-namics, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics, Sweet Tooth Felt, Orange Fizz Felt, Lemon Drop Felt, Scattered Bars Stencil, Starry Night Stencil (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers, black hemp, baker’s twine, sewing machine/thread, water brush 


1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVING your Card and Video for today!! =) Such an AWESOME Design Idea!! I LOVE the Colors too!! That Treat Box ROCKS!! My FAVORITE is the Candy Corn Felt BAG!! AWESOME!! THANKS for showing how you stitched it together!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD! Ok, first of all, your card is AMAZING. But oh. The witch hat. OMG. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! Your felt bag is SO darling too! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE projects! Love the card, witch hat, and candy corn bag! And, thanks so much for the tutorial!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card Barb. Love the background! The image is just too cute! Oh, that witch hat box is awesome... and the felt bag is so SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love all three creations!!!!!! Halloween is my Favorite!!!
    hugs,Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love her and your project!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!