Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Candy Cane Christmas–MFTWSC #148

MFTWSC148_2013oct30

Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC148
One of the things I love about my Die-namics storage/organization is that I can see them all at one time. I have them all on magnetic sheets on the closet doors of my stamp room. While it’s working great now, though, in the not too distant future they will all be full and I’ll have to figure out some other system, LOL. For now it works and often that helps me think outside the box for uses for them. While glancing over them the other day, it occurred to me that the handle from Umbrella Die-namics might make a great candy cane. I’d already noticed that one of the images from Plaid Builder Background looked candy cane-ish so it was a no-brainer to put them together. So, I stamped up some paper with Red Hot ink on Sweet Tooth card stock and cut out two umbrella handles. One, of course had to be flipped to the “wrong” side, but that was no problem, then I trimmed the pointed end off and voila! Two candy canes!

I went all A2 with my card shape, using Sweet Tooth card stock and Red Hot card stock for my base. Then I cut a Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and popped it up on foam. I arranged the candy canes and added a couple of holly leaves cut from Christmas Ornaments Die-namics with Gumdrop Green card stock and added some red gems for the berries.

For the inside, I stamped a totally fitting sentiment from Sunny Day Doodles Sweet Christmas in Red Hot ink.


MFTWSC148_2013oct30in


And that’s pretty much it! How do you “think outside the box” with your Die-namics dies?

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

brownwendysupplies





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Plaid Builder Background, DC Ornament Banner Builder, Sunny Day Doodles Sweet Christmas (MFT
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Red Hot card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Red Hot ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics, Umbrella Die-namics, Christmas Ornaments Die-namics (MFT); gens, foam tape


brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. Wow, aren't you the creative genius?! Love all the white space...really makes those candy canes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea? You are a genius! I am CASEing your idea, if you don't mind, Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aren't you just the clever-est? LOL GREAT idea, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Barbara! Love the sweet candy canes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!