Friday, March 08, 2013

Celebrate–C4C #176

C4C176_2013mar9 

Happy Saturday and welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! This week the awesome Frances is challenging us to use the negatives from die cutting on our projects. I love to do this so I found this a fun challenge!

I decided to create a little scene with some soon-to-be-released Die-namics dies: Jumbo Kite and Grassy Edges. OMGee! I love them BOTH!!

So, first I made the sky background by cutting our my Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds from blue paper and embossed for a little texture. I added the Die-namics Grassy Edges die cuts and popped the whole layer up on foam on a Whip Cream card stock base, giving me some creamy, dreamy clouds :) Then I assembled my kite and popped it up, as well. To finish it off, I stamped a sentiment from a set being released on March 11—Birthday Sentiments—on a cloud die cut and popped it up on the kite.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

C4C176_2013mar9in

Here are the products that I used on this card that will be released on March 11:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_TypeKeyStampSet_PreviewGraphic 

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C176.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!








Pin It



~Supplies~
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments (
MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock (MFT); Alphabet Junction (Carta Bella)
Ink:
Black Licorice Ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, Die-namics Grassy Edges, Die-namics Jumbo Kite (MFT); foam tape, baker’s twine, embossing folder


brownwendysignature

6 comments:

  1. we seem to be on the same wavelength again this week ... just different things flying in our skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea. Thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun card. I'm hoping to find time to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card, Barbara! You are such an inspiration...I always LOVE everything you do! I love the "negative" clouds and the kite is the prettiest kite I've ever seen!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this card. You know my bday is coming up in May, but you can go ahead and send it early! ;)
    God's blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet scene with the 'negative' clouds, dp kite....fab work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!