Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MFT February Creative challenge–CAS

creativechallenge1a_2013feb19

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique.

This month, we were challenged to create clean and simple projects - without the use of any pattern paper.

Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a clean and simple project to share with you today.

Hi, and welcome to this month’s MFT Creative Challenge! I LOVE CAS designs so I was super excited when we got this challenge. I’ve got two cards for you today, each one different but both CAS.

My first card is really CAS :) I’m using
LJD Spring Backgrounds on both cards, but for this one, I stamped the hounds tooth pattern once on Sweet Tooth card stock with Sno Cone ink. Then, using a sentiment from DC Just My Type, I stamped “happy birthday” with Black Licorice ink. I thought it needed a little something else, so I trimmed off 1/4” from the front flap and lined it with some Black Licorice card stock. To finish it off I added a few clear jewels for balance.

Here’s a close up of all that:

creativechallenge1b_2013feb19


And here’s in the inside with a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays:

creativechallenge1_2013feb19in 



creativechallenge2a_2013feb19

For my second card, I started with a Kraft card stock base and stamped the front with the flower design with white pigment ink.

creativechallenge2b_2013feb19


Then I cut out a Die-namics Designer Labels 3 STAX and stamped the bottom of the sentiment from My Favorite Sentiments. Then I cut out the larger double-ended flag from my Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon set and stamped “DREAM” with Razzle Berry ink. I love how this really “pops” with the neutrals. And just look at the coverage—MFT’s ink rocks, I tell ya!

creativechallenge2c_2013feb19 


I popped both layers up on foam and added a few clear jewels to this, too. Here you can see a little dimension really brings a CAS design to a new level without being bulky.

creativechallenge2d_2013feb19


And, finally, here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

creativechallenge2_2013feb19in 

And that’s all I have for you! Thanks so much for stopping by today!









Pin It






~Supplies~

Happy Birthday Card:
Stamps:
LJD spring Backgrounds, DC Just My Type, Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Sno Cone ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: clear jewels

Dream Card:
Stamps:
LJD Spring Backgrounds, My Favorite Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Razzle Berry ink (MFT); white pigment ink
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Designer Labels 3 STAX, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon (MFT); foam tape, clear jewels


brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. I love that bright razzleberry against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple cards are so challenging to create...your happy birthday is darling. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards. Love the way you did the sentiment on the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!