Friday, December 21, 2012

You’re Not Old…You’re Vintage

jan2013GD_2012dec21

Hi, everyone, today I have a card with one of my all time favorite MFT sets: Die-namics Just My Type Die & Stamp Set. I love everything about it—the old typewriter, the vintage print, how the paper appears to be coming off the roller, everything! Not to mention the awesome sentiments, like this one :) I’m using the MFT January Guest Designer Contest sketch for this card—be sure to get all the details about the contest HERE.

So, I’m using some gorgeous patterns from Basic Grey’s Plumeria collection and stamped the typewriter and sentiment on Whip Cream card stock. I did some stitching and used Dot N' Go - Mini Glue Dots to adhere my layers. I adhered a strip of lace from Graphic 45’s Trim Staples and then tied around some Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Crinkle Ribbon that I dyed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinkers - Iced Spruce and vintaged up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinker - Antique Linen. Next, I tied on a button from the Basic Grey - Plumeria - Vintage Buttons set with hemp cord and inserted some Maya Road Trinket Pins - Vintage Pearl. The blue panel and typewriter are popped up on foam tape.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

jan2013GD_2012dec21in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

 

And that’s all from me for today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Die-namics Just My Type Die & Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock, Berrylicious card stock (MFT); Plumeria (Basic Grey)
Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa; Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools:
Die-namics Just My Type Die & Stamp Set, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, hemp cord (MFT); sewing machine, button, lace, crinkle ribbon, trinket pin, foam tape 

brownwendysignature

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara! Love how you showcased the Vintage typewriter! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!