Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Sky’s the Limit–MFTWSC #99

MFTWSC99_2012nov21


Hey there, it’s me, back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC99


I can’t believe I didn’t make a Christmas card, LOL! I should have, but I was inspired by this sketch to do something else.

First of all, I worked on my card base, using
Kraft card stock, Paver Red card stock, patterned paper, and some Nightshift Blue grosgrain ribbon and hemp cord for the vertical element. I cut out the balloons using my Die-namics Up, Up and Away dies from Kraft card stock, stamped the images from Inspired by Up, Up and Away, and then cut more balloons from patterned paper. I snipped off the bottoms and “paper pieced” the balloons, then popped them up on foam tape. The sentiment element was cut using my Die-namics Mini Tabs Foursome and stamped with a sentiment from the set, then adhered under the blue panel. I finished off with some dark blue Dew Drops and it was done!

Here’s the inside with another sentiment and image from the set:

MFTWSC99_2012nov21in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

 

And that’s all for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!




Pin It



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by Up, Up and Away (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Paver Red card stock (MFT); Fair Skies (Farmhouse Paper Company)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Up, Up and Away, Die-namics Mini Tab Foursome, hemp cord, Paver Red button, Nightshift Blue grosgrain ribbon (MFT); Dew Drops, foam tape

 

brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. Love your fun take on the sketch Barbara! Those balloons are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, what a great idea for this sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, girlfriend! Love how you used so many great papers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!