Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flourishes May Sneak Peek, Day Two

maysneakday2_2012may10wtmk


I’m back to show you the second set in
Flourishes May previews. This set is called Father’s Day and is a silhouette set by Lauren Pope.

Fathers Day Graphic

I’m using some Memory Box paper that you can find in the Flourishes store called Valise. I think it’s just perfect for a masculine card.

I stamped the image on Kraft card stock with
Memento Rich Cocoa ink (yes, it’s brown, I promise, although it looks black) and cut it out with a Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities die before sponging the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I popped it up on some patterned paper with a mini library clip attached.

The sentiment was stamped on a
Nested Pennant flag that I made longer by hanging the end over my cutting plate and then cutting it as long as I needed with my paper cutter. Some stitching, twill, and a twine-tied button finish it off.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set.

maysneakday2_2012may10wtmkin

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today...

Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)
Julie Koerber
Cindy Lawrence
Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Jan Marie Caruso 
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle

...because ONE of them is the

Mystery Blogger Graphic_thumb[1]

for today—the winner wins the set previewing today :)

Now, here's a few things you'll want to know about this release:

  • Take advantage of a special limited time only deal and grab all of the new sets for May in the New Release Bundle at 10% off the total price. Get all the details HERE.
  • Don't forget the Home Sweet Home Challenge is in progress AND, don't forget to check the Flourishes Blog for today's Noon Time Challenge--another way to win a prize!!
  • All winners will be announced on Saturday, May 12th, at Noon CST on the Flourishes Blog.

And if that wasn’t enough, Flourishes is having an Inventory Reduction/Spring Cleaning sale—15% off all embellishments, papers, Spellbinders dies, embossing folders, and tools.

Spring Clean Sale Graphic 2
Now’s the time to get your hands on some of those goodies you’ve been wanting. Use the code SPRINGCLEAN at check out. Sale runs through Sunday, May 13th, 2012.


OK, I think that's all from me! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back again tomorrow with another sneak!


Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Father’s Day (Flourishes)
Paper: Kraft (SU!); Ocean Tides; Valise (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools:
Grand Calibur, Deckled Edge Rectangle Nestabilities, Nested Pennant (Spellbinders); button, twine, twill, sewing machine; mini library clip

 

brownwendysignature

23 comments:

  1. Perfect for a father's day card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb that's great! Love your creation.
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. These new images make creating Father's Day cards easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great papers and layout--love the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Barbara!The subtle colours make the stamped silhouette pop. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, your card is beautiful! Such a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of papers...fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Bar -- the layout is just perfect and I agree--- perfect paper too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one perfect Father's Day card! I just love that image so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Barbara! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb, this is a great masculine card, yet anyone would enjoy it too! Your cards are out of this world, awesome :)

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have really come to love Lauren's silhouettes! Love your card today - what a great image - I could use that one for my son's Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a great Father's Day Card! I love silhouette stamps and these are awesome! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - perfect Fathers day image!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barb, I REALLY like this set! It's an excellent set for a real dad! I love your sentiment flag over the twill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the silhouette stamp! The green, blue, and kraft are great for a masculine card. I love the deckle edge for the nestability. That's one I haven't seen and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You KNOW I love this card :) I love Valise, and I love how you've used it, the tilted panel and the little clip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bold images capturing the essence of fatherhood in action stand out for Father's Day crafting, scrapbook page enhancement, and non-traditional graduations. Someone special and specific DNA 'job' guys each would be honored to receive artful blessing and recent memory photo contained within. mt23stamper@yahoo.com
    Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great silhouette for Father's Day. Love the kraft and soft colors in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a Beautiful card and image, Barbara!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Barbara,

    You all have made me cry with this cards. Having lost my wonderful father more than 20 years ago, you took me to a soft place where I was able to recreate memories that my children and I had with my one of a kind father Thanks for the memories!!


    Cariños,

    María Alba Negrón
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    perfectasimperfecciones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is sweet, I like stitching and your metal clip.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your layout and colors! Great stitching too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!