Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Friendship…–CTD #182

CTD183_2012mar14


Welcome back! Today I have this week’s
Color Throwdown Challenge for you! Today’s colors were chosen by Wanda and here’s her inspiration piece and her colors. Gorgeous, right?

swatch 183


I’ve been wanting to break out my MFT Always Time For Tea set so I decided today was the day :)

First of all, I did my card base and tied some rust twill around. Then I created the focal element. I cut out a Die-namics Vertical Greetings die cut with Fossil card stock, then cut out another one and shortened and stitched all around. Next, I stamped the sentiment and popped up three tea cups above it. Finally, I popped up the whole panel on foam dots.

SONY DSC


Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set.

CTD183_2012mar14in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the
Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD183 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! 

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Bev Gerard (March Guest Designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It


~Supplies~
Stamps: Always Time For Tea (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Sweet Tooth (MFT); Lost & Found Breeze and Six By Six Vanity Fair (MME)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Always Time For Tea and Vertical Greetings Die-namics dies (MFT); sewing machine, ribbon, foam dots

 

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, Bar! Love the row of teacups on the Vertical Greetings Die-Namics, and the stitching on the die edge is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the three tea cups inside that beautiful diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have used the prettiest papers in the background and the three little paper pieced cups are sooo cute!! Here is another set I don't think I can live without...beautifully done, Bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that beautiful paper is perfect for this challenge! I'm thinking I really need that vertical greetings die...love that shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Barbara! I love the colors you matched with the teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I have this tea stamp set and love it! The tea cups look so cute lined up. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Bar! Love the designer paper teacups, pretty background paper and lovely twill ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card just makes me feel so GOOD Barbara! So peaceful and lovely. This is my 1st time playing along, looking forward to many more entries!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!