Friday, October 28, 2011

Flourishes Friday Free For All

Hi, all, welcome to Flourishes Friday Free For All! I've been dying to try this project ever since I got my hands on the recently released set, Holiday Sparkle. I immediately saw the potential for REAL ornaments!!



I may have mentioned a time or two that I am an extreme Christmas decorator. I put up many trees, one of which is smaller and has the theme of "Santa Lite". By that I mean every Santa on the tree has a pastel colored or white robe. And since they're all Antique Santas in style, this little guy will fit in perfectly!

First of all I stamped the image with Gold Encore pigment ink on Classic White card stock and heat embossed with fine detail gold embossing powder. Then I colored them with Copic markers, using these collection:





Finally, I cut them out and put a hook in the loop. I did glue a metal jump ring on the back of the loop at the top to prevent tearing with use. These are gonna look so CUTE on that tree! And so easy to store--they'll take up very little room :)

So, that's it for me. Be sure to take a look at what the rest of the design team has for you.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Supplies~
Stamps: Holiday Sparkle (Floruishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes)
Ink: Encore Gold
Accessories: heat tool, fine detail embossing powder, jump rings, Copic markers



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty ornaments. You did a great job.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Barbara. I really like this idea. It is fun to come up with ways to use these stamp sets other than just cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extreme Christmas decorator is an understatement! LOLOL :) These will be beautiful on your Santa Lite tree! How perfect to be able to use this stamp set to make your trees even more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make darling ornaments and love the gold embossing with pastels! I'll bet your trees are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling little ornaments! I'm planning to do this as well...great minds think alike.

    Jan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great little ornaments.
    The embossing is awesome.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is such a great idea, Barb!! I seriously would never have thought of doing this with that set!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! They are so elegant with the gold embossing! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!