Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thank You So Very Much - MFTWSC #39


Yep, I’m back again with MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


And here's my card. Not flipped for a change ;-)


I'm using a sentiment from MFT's Thanks a Bunch set for the front. I did some stitching and then added some flowers using the Upsy Daisy Die-namics set. For the large flower, I cut two of all three sizes and then snipped each petal all the way to the circle base. Then I layered them up, staggering the petals. I think this gives them a more "fringe-y" look, sort like a type of mum. For the smaller ones I used two layers of the two smaller dies. Before I adhered the flowers, I put down a couple Leafy Flourish die cuts and then added some leaves, also from the Upsy Daisy Die-namics set.

Here's the inside with another Leafy Flourish die cut and a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Harvesting.


Thanks SO much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another October Teaser!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Thanks a Bunch, Clearly Sentimental About Harvesting (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Black Licorice (MFT); Harvest Market 6 x 6 pad (Lilybee Designs)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Leafy Flourish, Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies (MFT); buttons, twine; twill, sewing machine


8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, love those flowers Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the flowers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Barbara! I love your flowers too they look so full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Bar, I think I need to give my upsy daisy a workout now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOODNESS Bar! These flowers are OUT of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those polka-dot posies are beautiful! LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!