Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Strut Your Stuff - FTTC #91

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC91)! This week Betty Wright is hosting. Betty is challenging us to find inspiration with Cafe Baudelaire prints (http://www.etsy.com/shop/CafeBaudelaire?page=20). Visit the site and choose a picture that inspires you. The images are French shabby chic, but that style card or project is not required. We would love to see your take with your card making style.

OMGosh! Such gorgeous things there!! I spent way too much time looking but I kept coming back to this print:


And this is my card, inspired by the print:


I'm using the peacock and sentiment from Strut Your Stuff. I stamped the peacock on Classic White card stock, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out and popped it up. All patterned paper is from DCWV Mariposa mat stack and I'm using Taken With Teal card stock. I tea died some seam binding, made a bow, and added some Prima flowers to echo the roses on the print. 

Now, be sure to go see what my team mates used for their inspiration for this challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Strut Your Stuff (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Taken With Teal (SU!)
; Mariposa mat stack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, (Provocraft); Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Pop Dots (craft store); seam binding; Prima flowers


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! The coloring and cut work detailing on the peacock alone is fabulouS! The blend of the papers with the layered crunch ribbon and prima flowers is just scrumptious! Beautifully done, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peacock is beautiful!! Love the whole card with the awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous Barbara!! The peacock looks amazing on your card! I so wish I had the set now! Love the colors and all the elements too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, that is STUNNING! I like your card better than the print! LOL The ribbon and flower detail is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic interpretation of the ic photo!!! Love this card! hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning!!! Wow! I love that peacock and those flowers! The paper choice is perfect! Can you save this for my next birthday? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! So beautifully inspired! I LOVE all the blues and the pretty paper. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and regal is what comes to mind in describing this card. I love the layers and colors of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was fascinated by your challenge to be inspired by my work on Cafe Baudelaire and enjoyed looking at your creations:)
    Wendy Paula Patterson
    Cafe Baudelaire and Mulberry Muse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!