Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Mail - Crazy 4 Challenges #30

Happy Saturday!! Since it's Saturday, it must be Crazy 4 Challenges day! Before we get on to the challenge, I have a couple of little announcements to make:

Jessica Diedrich and Robin Willis have both bade farewell to us due to other commitments. While we are sad to have them go, we understand and wish them both all the best.

This week also the sees the debut of a brand new Design Team member, Silke Kittmann. Welcome to the team, Silke!

Now, on to the challenge! This is my last week to host for a while and I've got a CAS sketch for you to try out. You can flip it, use any shape - it doesn't have to be a circle, just try to keep the general feel of the sketch.


For my card, I'm using a Pure Innocence girlie called Happy Mail. I stamped her on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored her with Copic markers and paper pieced her dress. Then I cut her out with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and popped her up on 3M foam squares. My patterned paper is Basic Grey's new Green At Heart. As you can see, I'm not following my own sketch to the "T", LOL, because after I added the ribbon I thought it would be too much to add a sentiment, too.


Here's the inside:


NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C30.

Thanks so much for dropping in today!



~Supplies~
Stamps: Happy Mail Pure Innocence (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive (SU!); Green At Heart 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Oval and Petite Oval Nestabilities dies (Spellbinder); 3M foam squares, moire ribbon (craft store); sewing machine; Copic markers


12 comments:

  1. This is so very sweet...love the dp , cute image, and the inside of the card as well as the outside...great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your card is so cute, love the image and the papers.... Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy weekend..HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet as sweet could be!! I'm in LOVE with these Pure Innocence stamps!
    I love the colors, and the ribbon & bow are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Barb! You are one talented lady!

    Love that DP!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous barb! love the dp, the coloring, and that yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOR-geous!!! Lovin' those papers and that sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper cute..inside and out!!! Love this darlin' MTF image!!! This is an awesome sketch and I'll play for sure :) Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Barb, this card is just amazing! The papers are just PERFECT with that sweet image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!